Advanced cybersecurity, purpose-built exclusively for community banks.
Take action to defend cyber-attacks with SureProtect, the next generation security as a service cybersecurity solution from UFS, the bank technology outfitter.
UFS is a community created by bankers for bankers. Learn more…
SureProtect – Next generation cybersecurity as a service, purpose-built exclusively for community banks.
For an opportunity to discuss the advanced cybersecurity solution SureProtect please click here.
“SureProtect is the next generation Security as a Service solution that focuses on threat mitigation that enables immediate action against potential threats. This is a critical component in the community bank cybersecurity arsenal and we’re really pleased to be able to offer this to our customers.”
– Mike Venaccio, VP Bank Technologies with UFS.
Why bankers need SureProtect?
The community banking landscape has changed. As threats upon the banking community continue to rise and evolve with more sophisticated and creative methods, as well as the increased risks associated with our changing work environments, the need to address cyber threats against banks leads to a new approach. Switching strategy to utilize an action-oriented, comprehensive and holistic approach becomes the solution. According to Infosecurity magazine, cyber-attacks on the banking community increased by 238% in 2020.* And Varonis recently noted the rises due in particular to the changing working environment with new inroads, and that the banking industry continues to have the highest costs of cybercrime.** The bank technology industry has responded with strategies to combat against cyber-attacks. These responses include Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools, utilization of Security as a Service (SaaS) solutions and a re-emphasis of the importance of Security Operation Centers (SOC) as well as a refreshed focus on the regulatory environment.
SureProtect – Solutions:
- Zero-day Attacks – Prevents threats without history, discovered through learning activity and taking action when it sees abnormal behavior. It is continuously learning.
- Ransomware – SureProtect includes many features designed to remediate and stop ransomware before it has the opportunity to take lateral movement and has in many cases the option clean and even roll-back devices to known safe states.
- Rapid Response – Includes 24/7 security experts monitoring and surveying behaviors and conducting immediate action upon suspicious activity.
- Roll-back Capability – In most cases, compromised devices can be rolled back to their healthy state.
- Reporting / Compliance – SureProtect includes reporting features as proof points for banks to provide to auditors and examiners. SureProtect answers many questions from the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) Cybersecurity Assessment Tool (CAT) and it provides advanced analysis to comply with anticipated regulatory compliance requirements coming due to the rise in cyber activity.
Features of SureProtect:
There are three key features that make SureProtect unique, giving bankers confidence that their security posture will be raised above baseline levels.
- Next Generation Endpoint Detection and Response – Commonly referred to as simply EDR, this solution creates a response to behavioral threats within your environment. Artificial intelligence technology is utilized to take action on suspicious behavior which translates to an ability to stop threats before they occur.
- Bank Community Event Correlation – Taking information from key data sources including all devices, servers and other data feeds detecting security incidents. Identifies any anomaly and reacts with automated reaction.
- 24/7 Security Operations Center – This ensures an immediate and appropriate response is taken by security experts to remediate any cyber-attack activity before any extensive damage is caused.
Introducing SureProtect. Next generation cybersecurity exclusively for community banks. [1:49]
An overview of SureProtect, advanced cybersecurity as a service solution is provided by Mike Venaccio, VP Bank Technology Solutions with UFS. [6:02]
SureProtect Demo EDR
SureProtect key feature: Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), is demonstrated by Aaron Buck, the UFS Infrastructure Support Technician. [6:11]
Amy Radue, UFS Director of Risk Management shares how SureProtect increases your security posture far above the baseline needs. [3:57]
ABA Innovation Showcase Video Featuring SureProtect [4:50]
Cybersecurity and Compliance with SureProtect:
The FFIEC CAT is an assessment tool for banks to assess their risks and cybersecurity preparedness. Through the tool, banks will address aspects from detection, response ability and migration at a baseline level to threat intelligence and innovation. SureProtect provides answers to many elements of the assessment tool ranging from baseline needs, to evolving, intermediate, advanced as well as innovative categories.
A balanced risk management strategy will include a Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) solution to maintain focus on compliance and adding an action-oriented threat mitigation solution such as SureProtect to take a comprehensive approach to defending cyber-attacks.
For more information on how SureProtect increases your security posture please watch the cybersecurity compliance video presented by Amy Radue, UFS Director of Risk Management.
How are SureProtect security features different from other traditional antivirus options?
Enables mass deployment on a schedule through an automation tool.
Requires manually logging into a device and running the installer manually on each device.
Discovers threat activity quickly with alerts whenever a threat is detected or neutralized.
Attacks are automatically contained and neutralized, and compromised files are automatically replaced by the last known healthy version.
Monitor processes before, during, and after execution, to prevent new threats from slipping in.
Comprised of monitoring software and endpoint agents, SureProtect uses integrated machine learning and advanced artificial intelligence (AI) to identify suspicious behaviors.
A process where a unique identifier is established about a known threat so that the threat can be identified in the future.
Allows banks to strengthen their security environment by combining multiple products that connect through the SIEM such as SureProtect.
Takes data from either application logs or host logs and then analyzes the data to identify relationships and patterns.
A feature that analyzes files continuously, replacing time-intensive recurring scans.
A command center facility for a team of information technology (IT) professionals with expertise in information security who monitor, analyze and protect an organization from cyber-attacks.
Let’s start a conversation!
To learn more about SureProtect, other cybersecurity solutions, managed IT services, core banking applications or any other bank exclusive technology, please contact UFS for more information.
*Infosecurity Magazine – Attacks on Banks Spike 238% During #COVID19 Crisis
**Varonis – 134 Cybersecurity Statistics and Trends for 2021
***Accenture – The Cost of Cybercrime (PDF)